To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Julie's Civil War Past Life


Julie, of the past post, Rhinebeck '08 Spirit, e-mailed me the following:
I would love to be able to see spirit guides and auras. I have occasionally seen auras, but only when the person I'm looking at is in front of a white wall and I am concentrating very hard. Also, something I forgot to tell you: once, long ago, I was doing some work to find my spirit animal, and it came to me in the form of a fox. Maybe it's not coincidence that what you saw next to me was bright orange?

Julie published this post on her wonderful blog, Evil Julie, and kindly gave me permission to reprint it here: I’ve mentioned before that I was a history major in college. My friend (who could be referred to as “Me-in-a-different-body,” but that name is too long) Kim L., was a history minor at the same college. Between the two of us, we came up with the theory that our interest in specific time periods probably comes from having lived in that time in another life. I’ve always had an interest in the Civil War, and when I was in college, I had something happen to me that confirmed my belief that I lived then.

When I was a sophomore in college, I took a course in Civil War history as part of my major requirements. The prof had us read a bunch of Civil War novels as well as texts, so that the battles and the men who fought them would be more than just names on a page. One of the novels he had us read was Michael Shaara’s, The Killer Angels, which is about Gettysburg. I sped through it - it’s an amazing book. The night that I started it, though, I dreamed that I was on a battlefield, dressed in Confederate grey, running towards a clump of trees behind a wall. Men were falling on both sides of me as I ran, and when I was almost to the trees, I was shot in the head. I woke up, drenched in sweat because the dream had been so real.

The dream came back the next two nights. Just as vivid, exactly the same as the first night. It scared the hell out of me all three nights, but I chalked it up to having read The Killer Angels before bed. What was interesting to me, though, was that the head wound that I got in the dream was in exactly the spot I’ve had cluster headaches in my whole life. I had no idea what the connection was, though.

Spring break came a couple of weeks later, and as my then fiancee, a friend, and I headed to Philly, I suggested we detour to Gettysburg. I wanted to walk the battlefield and see the spots I had read about in person. They agreed, and we rambled all over, ending up where Pickett’s charge had taken place - the so-called High Water Mark of the Confederacy. I had been to Gettysburg before with my family, but had never walked that particular stretch of the battlefield. As I did, I looked up, and saw a familiar clump of trees. A wave of deja vu washed over me, and as we got three quarters of the way across the field, I started crying. I couldn’t help it. I realized why the trees seemed so familiar to me…they were the ones from my dream, and the spot I was standing in was the exact spot where I had been shot and killed in the dream. I told my fiancee what was going on and he said “Did you ever think the dream was about another life?” Possibly the only smart thing he ever said. I think he was right. Why else would my dream have been so vivid? I had seen that copse of trees before, but from a car as we drove past, and that had been years before. How could I have remembered so well what the view was like from that spot when I had never walked it before?

Believe what you want, but that cemented it for me, years before I ever heard of Wicca. There are past lives, and I had walked in the footprints of one mine.

Also, years after that I was walking the battlefield with my uncle and took this picture (at top of post) of the copse trees from the spot I mention in the story.

Thank you, Julie, for sharing your very powerful account of your past life as a Confederate soldier.

If you have had a past life experience you'd like to share on this blog, either e-mail me at spinningjenny57@hotmail.com or please put it in the comment section. Thank you. Looking forward to hearing from YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment