To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dreams Of Guidance

Have been reading an excellent book, "Edgar Cayce On Channeling Your Higher Self," by Henry Reed. There are many, many books available on Cayce, a medical intuitive and psychic, that I hope to read in the future. I did previously enjoy "The Story Of Edgar Cayce ~ There Is A River," by Thomas Sugrue and highly recommend that, especially if you're totally unfamiliar about Cayce and his work.

In Reed's book I came across early chapters entitled "Preparing To Channel A Dream Of Guidance" followed with, "Learning To Recall Dreams ~ An Exercise In Channeling." The information in these chapters is compelling but easy to follow. Just last night I put some of the info I learned into use.

Reed quotes an exercise from Gayle Delaney's book, "Living Your Dreams" (note to self: Ask Librarian Leslie for this book!), called phrase focusing. To do this, first you write out your feelings about a question you have on paper. Reed writes, "Then reduce your question to a single phrase that expresses the heart of the matter. Repeat this phrase to yourself as you fall asleep." I did this and lo and behold I had a dream of guidance!! The question I asked is too personal to print here, but know that success was to be had, in this case, on the very first try. If you, too, try this exercise, let us know how it worked for you, please.

Now deciphering the symbols in my dream is a challenge in and of itself. Reed writes, "The experience the soul has while we are asleep we remember as a dream. When we awaken, what we remember is the dream, not the aha or the uh oh that the soul experienced. The soul experiences a goodness gracious, the subconscious mind mirrors that experience symbolically, and what we remember we call a dream." The more we practice interpreting our own dreams, the better we will get. Reed shares, "As Hugh Lynn (Cayce's son) said, 'The best book on dreams is the one you write yourself.'" It's suggested that we write down our dream as we recall it. Then find at least one "clue" as to why you may have dreamed what you did. Think of a way to validify your clue by some "practical application." Reed writes that Hugh Lynn said, "The best interpretation of a dream is the one you apply."

I've learned from Reed's book that anyone CAN learn to remember your dreams. If you've been reading this blog, you know that in past posts I have, indeed, remembered dreams and have recorded them. But I'd like to do even better at recalling dreams. Reed wrote, "Cayce declared that forgetting dreams is simply a matter of negligence." He goes on to recommend that for one week, after you wake up but before you leave bed, write a page of your thoughts. Worry not if what you're remembering is from your dream. Write whatever comes to mind. Chances are good that within the week it'll be dreams that you'll be writing about. Doing this kind of exercise shows you're committed to remembering dreams. It shows you're paying the kind of attention required to remember dreams.

I'll end with another fiber arts dream I had a few nights ago.
5/8/09
I was at a knitting/spinning event where I dormed with a bunch of ladies. We were to go on a field trip on the Bob-Lo boat (a boat ride straight out of my Detroit childhood). I was told that we had to stop somewhere in downriver Detroit before we could continue to wherever it was that we were going (old Bob-Lo island amusement park that has, I think, long ago been closed?). We'd have to get off onto a smaller boat, then re-hop aboard the Bob-Lo boat to continue our journey. I was sweating with panic because apparently one could easily fall into the Detroit River when transferring to the smaller boat. I can't swim now and I couldn't swim in the dream. Everyone was irritated by this pit stop. I found myself sitting next to the Yarn Harlot, who oddly sat very close to me and even put her head on my shoulder. I asked her why she didn't like me? I nervously kept cracking jokes and she told me to be quiet so she could figure out why she didn't like me. Then I woke up.

4 comments:

  1. wild dream --- hmmmm the Bob-Lo has not run in almost 16 years - I remember the girls and I were some of the last ones to ride it. I need to ponder this one.

    btw, I did what you told me to do.

    xoxoxo

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. J ~ That dream was startling in its vividness. There's a few clues as to why I dreamed it.
    Love,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good way to remember your dreams is to keep pen and paper by your bedside and get into the habit of writing them down (or at least a few words that will remind you of what the dream was about) as soon as you wake up from the dream.

    source: www.meaningofdreams.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Marcia! That's a splendid idea for anyone wanting to remember their dreams.
    Cheers,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete