To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Why Tarot?

I need to face it ~ It was shocking to Chris, family members, and long-time friends when I said I "HAD" to read Tarot, now over 3 years ago. In some ways, feeling this strong urge to learn Tarot even surprised me somewhat. But I shouldn't have been so shocked because I always thought divination was really cool, even as a kid.

As a 6 year old in Maryland (we lived there 3 years of my childhood), I remember neighbors having a fundraising event of some sort in their backyard. I was particularly intrigued by the makeshift tent set up for the gypsy fortune teller. She had a crystal ball that foretold all. I thought that was the neatest thing ever and secretly wished I was a gypsy fortune teller.

On the very last scheduled day of my dayjob as a Resident Fiber Artist and production dyer (I left to write the book I'm still working on), one of my friends agreed to give me a Tarot reading at my going away party. She shyly said she didn't read much anymore, but if I didn't mind her occasionally looking up what cards meant, she would be happy to read for me. Cindy brought her Robin Wood Tarot deck, which I had never seen before. Heck, I had never seen any Tarot deck up close and personal.

The reading commenced. I was smitten. Hooked. Had to get my own deck. Which I did within a week or two from the reading.

I stumbled onto Aeclectic Tarot and the rest is history. Friend, Jenna, was not surprised at all that I began down the Tarot path. I told her that all I'd need was the one deck. She smiled and said something like, "Sure. Uh hum," in a knowing, unbelieving fashion. Let's just say that I purchased more than a few decks over the years...

But to this day, I still read primarily with The Robin Wood Tarot deck. More on what happened after my initiation reading with Cindy in a future post.





No comments:

Post a Comment