To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Monday, July 20, 2009

An Eye Opening Afternoon of Reading

In the summer, when Chris is off from teaching and I'm flexible because I'm working from home, we like to take our respective reading choices and escape to nearby Lake Raponda. This summer it's been a little difficult dodging the gray clouds and resulting raindrops, but even if it's partly cloudy, we often take our chances at the beach.

Today Chris was reading a biography about a jazz musician and I went back to reading "Edgar Cayce on Channeling Your Higher Self," by Henry Reed. If I own a book, like I do this one, it sometimes gets put to the side when an inter-library loan book that I've ordered from Librarian Leslie comes in. But now I'm back to reading this most excellent book (that I purchased for 1 cent on Amazon...plus shipping!) and I nearly jumped off the blanket when I came to a chapter that I'd like to share here.

The chapter is "Meditation and the Book of Revelation." Now I was raised Catholic and at the time I was in parochial school, let's face it, we didn't study and memorize the Bible like other Christian religions. True, we were given some information, but when all is said and done, I cannot claim to have read through the Bible even once. That said, I have an idea of what's in the Book of Revelation. Much of this chapter goes on to explain things I didn't know...for instance, how the Book of Revelation "contained important information about the human body." Reed writes, "The Book of Revelation, according to Cayce, is a symbolic description of what happens in the body of a meditator. Specifically, it describes what happens in the endocrine system, the network of our body's glands." Now all this is very interesting and warrants further investigation, but what caught my eye later in the chapter literally took my breath away.

First let me explain that I'm trying to get a grasp on why, at this time in my life as a 51 year old, I am experiencing Kundalini energy, am able to give psychic readings using Tarot, have been seeing spirits with my own eyes, touched fire and didn't get burned, etc. For more on all these experiences, please go back to the May and June '09 posts on this blog.

Given this quest to understand what's been happening to me psychically, I think anyone would understand why the following got me so excited:

Reed writes, "Cayce explains that what happened to John (ie. St. John) during his revelation experience is a prophecy of what will happen to any meditator. Specifically, as John held in meditation the ideal of Christ Consciousness, the pattern of psychic energy in that ideal began operating on John's endocrine system to create a pattern of physical effects."

Reed explains, "One effect is the stimulating of the Kundalini energy. The term, Kundalini, is an ancient Hindu word for the body's psychic energy. A coiled snake at the base of the spine has often been it's symbol. The Christian concept of the Holy Spirit, symbolized by the dove, is the Western equivalent of Kundalini." (the spider notes: Let me tell you, in no religion class I ever took was THAT discussed. Chances are I would have listened closer to the teacher if it had!)

Reed goes on to talk about the chakras and their associated glands for each "wheel." Reed says, "Eastern tradition has always pointed to the endocrine glands as somehow being the physical counterparts to these psychic centers." Reed continues,"Different psychic centers control different psychic abilities. The pineal gland, corresponding to the third eye, gives clairvoyant vision. The adrenals activate mediumship, or channeling spirits of the dead. Eastern tradition warns about not opening any one of these centers in isolation. Instead, the most common approach is to allow, not force, the center at the base of the spine, where the snake is coiled, to awaken. The snake then rised, works it's way up through the centers, finally reaching the crown center, associated with the pituitary, the master gland."

Now very exciting for me was the following, especially because I've always loved the Rosary, even as a kid, and because I'm drawn to saying the Rosary especially before I give a Tarot reading to anyone, which of course, contains the Lord's prayer. Reed writes, "Cayce reveals that the Lord's Prayer, taught by Jesus, is actually a formula for patterning the opening of the psychic centers." Reed goes on to write how this works, making for more fascinating reading.

I may not have found all the reasons that I'm more psychically attuned now than I ever was at any earlier date, but I am amazed at finding in this book the description of WHAT I've been experiencing, and at least in some ways, a glimmer of WHY. Prior to these last two years, I hadn't said the Rosary (despite having a love for it...WHAT/WHO nudged me to find my Rosary in my crowded jewelry drawer?) for over 20 years or more. Prior to this year I had NEVER felt the electrical surge of the Kundalini (at least not the strong, distinctive feeling I get now).

The more I learn the more I want to know. I do feel and know in my heart that this psychic energy is obviously not just for Christians or Catholics. Psychics, Mystics, Mediums, Channelers, etc. can be found around the globe, each practicing their own religion and/or spiritual beliefs. But it IS interesting that many of today's Western psychics/mediums who are well known (John Edward, Sonia Choquette, Sylvia Browne, James Van Praagh) come from a Catholic background (tho' some are not necessarily practicing Catholics now). This was surprising to me, without a doubt.

Do YOU have any thoughts on any of this? Any good reading you can recommend to further such study?

One more thing...when I had a past life regression done in '08 (which cured my migraines!) I was asked by the therapist whilst under hypnosis what was necessary that I do to continue to see the visions I've been seeing, etc. I said, "ground and center." Which means ~ ground oneself to the earth, gleaning only light and goodness from it. And center one's chakras, making sure they all are operating well and are in optimum health. To see more on my past life regression, go to posts: Past Life Regression Part 1, Past Life Regression Part 2, Past Life Regression Part 3, and Past Life Regression Part 4.

2 comments:

  1. Nice posting. Do you know about these chakra books?

    http://www.YogaVidya.com/freepdfs.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sfauthor, for the recommendation! I am not familiar with these books, nor the website. Is this your website?

    ReplyDelete