To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Bunch Of Dreams

Just finished reading "Second Sight," by Judith Orloff, M.D.. I can't say enough wonderful things about this book. I'm going to suggest highly that my Chris read it. It's that good. Among other things there's an excellent chapter on dreams entitled, "The Alchemy Of Dreams." Dr. Orloff goes on to explain the differences between psychological dreams, guidance dreams, precognitive dreams, and healing dreams. She also explains how important it is to keep a dream journal and calls such a personal record "a priceless archive." . In particular I like how Dr. Orloff explains that rather than jumping up out of bed each morning, remain still for awhile and retrieve your dreams. She writes, "Rest there for a while with your eyes shut. See what comes. The secret is to prolong what's known as the hypnogogic state, the period between seleep and waking. It's a magical time when you're consciously aware of your dream images but are still not quite alert." This keeps you from getting up so fast that your dreams are lost. Dr. Orloff goes on to say, "Images will form. Gently focus on them and watch where they take you. You don't have to force anything." She continues, "It's like watching the replay of a movie. You can actually see your dreams enacted all over again. The difference is that now you're actively witnessing them and can choose at any point to open your eyes and write them down."

Now for a smattering of recent dreams:
Asked before bed why I was having so many problems with a long-standing project I was involved with. The following dream was my answer...
10/24/09
Chloe, our black cat, was spread out flat on the branch of a tree. Blood was dripping down the tree from a wound she had. A snake was wrapped around her. End of dream.

10/25/09
Auditioned for a chance to be in a play/movie. I witnessed differing acting styles as others went for the part. Chris was waiting for me (looked like at the service desk at Walmart!). End of dream.

10/26/09
In a room full of people, Chris started to talk under his breath, "coaching" me on what to say. After we left I turned to him and told him never to do this again...that I was perfectly capable of speaking for myself. End of dream.

That same night, I woke up for a bit and as I was drifting back to sleep I saw this dream/vision:
Folks on a boat were partying. A jealous woman pushed another woman off the boat into the water "just for fun." The woman pushed over got caught in something and did not surface. I "felt" what she was going through. I felt her panic as she began to drown. End of dream.

10/27/09
I was a sales clerk in a hat and clothing store. A customer tried on many hats, including glass ones. The customer "took over," asking other customers if they'd like to see how South Africans put on sheer knee socks? I had some of these socks to try on, too, even tho' I was a clerk. The socks had interesting patterns running through them. The customer had us all lie down on the floor. I did so and was commended on doing a great job of following directions. The dream ended as the "take over" customer tried on a flimsy taupe tam, the size of a coffee can lid.

10/30/09
I was waiting for Chris at Greenfield Community College in Greenfield, MA. I was in the main lobby of a building our Alexander frequented for classes when he went to school there. I was on some bleachers, high in the air, spinning with a drop spindle. A lady, looking just like the sister of my friend, Jenna, was holding a walkie-talkie and was dressed in security-guard clothing. She kept asking how I was doing? She kept asking that same thing, and eventually she started to get impatient, clearly wanting to close the building and have me leave. I seemed to be the only one around. I told her I wasn't a student, but my husband was. I also told her our son, Alex, had been a student there. Impatient, she said she did need to close up for the night and I had to go. End of dream.

Interestingly, as I dreamt this, I was in Chris' arms, and found my hand rest on his tennis racquet-holding elbow, which sometimes gives him pain. I sent healing to the elbow joints as I was sleeping because I saw that the "cushioning" between the joints was dry and crackly, rather than being pliant and moist. And since my cheek rested on Chris' chest, I sent healing to his respiratory system, knowing he was fighting a cold.

11/2/09
I kept trying to light the candle in a ceramic diffuser that had no air holes (no oxygen). The candle refused to light. End of dream.

2 comments:

  1. Thought I'd help with some interpretation again, I do enjoy it. Please just note, I DO refer to dreammoods sometimes:
    Dream 1: To see a black cat in your dream, indicates that you are experiencing some fear in using your psychic abilities and believing in your intuition. You may erroneously associate the black cat with evil, destruction, and bad luck. The fact that the cat was yours, and was injured suggests the fact that the usual statement is false- meaning that although your abilities may scare you periodically, you are more ready and willing to use them than you may have been in the past. As for the snake and the tree- the meanings differ based on the type of tree, and the type of snake. Generally, however, the snake has to do with fear- being inexperienced, among other things, but I don't think that has anything to do with this dream
    Dream 3b: To see someone drowning in your dream, suggests that you are becoming too deeply involved in something that is beyond your control. Alternatively, it represents a sense of loss in your own identity. You are unable to differentiate who you are anymore.
    Last dream: Trying to light a candle that won't catch suggests your being in denial about something. You are having trouble admitting something to yourself and others.
    Hope that helps, and blessed be, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...really interesting, Elaine...especially your interpretation for 3b. Spot on! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete