To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Difficult Situations - Difficult Persons

Beautiful tho' the holidays are, they can also be a time of heightened stress. Sometimes the responsibilities and expectations attached to holiday merrymaking can be overwhelming: shopping and all it entails; getting together with folks, some of whom, to say the least, are not the easiest to be around; excessive cooking, eating, and drinking; travel during possible bad weather; regular schedules turned upside down; guilt for not being able to be with loved ones far away; seemingly never-ending party obligations; etc... Misunderstandings, especially at this time of year, can easily become overblown arguments, leading to long-lasting resentments. Empath or not, your stress-o-meter might be tipping towards "overload," or even "danger," by Christmas Eve, if not sooner.

What follows are a few coping prayers/affirmations/thoughts to bring relief, especially when you encounter difficult people or situations, whether during the holidays or not. These can be said out loud or quietly within.

"Observe don't absorb," from Sonia Choquette (first discussed on the past post, Protection, but so important it's well worth repeating).

"God, remove from my aura whatever does not belong to me. Remove from my aura whatever does not belong to me. Remove from my aura whatever does not belong to me. Fill me with self-knowledge, self-love, spiritual light and spiritual power, " from Rose Rosetree in her excellent book, "Become The Most Important Person In The Room ~ Your 30-Day Plan For Empath Empowerment." Rose calls this her "Wakeup Call" technique and uses it in conjunction with other useful techniques in the book. I find it's a dandy prayer in and of itself, and especially helpful if I feel I've taken on too much from those around me. I literally feel a cool, menthol-like, shot going up and down my spine after every time I've said this prayer.

Friend, Lee, shared this prayer she learned recently, which is incredibly helpful when you encounter a difficult person or situation: "May the God power in me greet the God power in thee, (state name of person), in the name of the Holy Spirit for the highest good of all."

"Let nothing disturb thee. Let nothing dismay thee. All things pass. God never changes. Patience attains all that it strives for. He who has God finds he lacks nothing. God alone suffices." ~ St. Teresa of Avila

"Dance me through the panic till I'm gathered safely in." ~ Leonard Cohen

"Healthy I am. Happy I am. Holy I am." ~ James Van Praagh

Whenever I encounter such prayers via my reading or gleaned from friends and/or teachers, I jot them down in a little blank book. I've got a copy of this book that goes with me in my purse and another one that resides at my bedside desk. My "personal" prayerbooks are about 4" X 5.5". This holiday season consider gifting yourself one or more of these little blank SOS books, picking covers that please you (one of mine has batik stars and the other has batik salamanders) to fill with your favorite prayers, thoughts, and quotes.

"What we think we become" ~ Buddha

Wishing you Love, Light, Peace and Happiness during this Blessed Holiday Season. Safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment