To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Letting Go. Letting God.

My Aunt Loraine used to regularly say, "Let go. Let God." During the last month+ I've been giving free Empath readings to people, most of whom I've never met before. Please see the past post, Reading Offer. These are readings that help me to understand and appreciate my Aunt Loraine's words of advice more than ever. No Tarot cards do I have in front of me to aid in the reading. Just me and Spirit and the pic of those wanting a reading. It's off this pic that their energy is read. Rest assured, such readings done in this way are equal to having the person in front of me. Such readings sometimes make me feel as if I'm standing on the edge of a cliff ready to jump and trusting someone is there to catch me when I do.

I should add here that Tina Zion had predicted in a reading she did for me months ago that I would be doing readings without cards in the near future. She said I could use cards if I wanted them, but wouldn't need them soon. So correct she was!

If I don't trust and let go, I risk the chance of literally getting in my own way, and then the readings can't take place at all. The more I do these readings, the more I can spot when my own conscious mind and ego is trying to take over. This happened recently when I read for my own son, Alexander. It was much harder reading for him than others that I don't know because I had to be on guard to keep myself OUT of the reading at all times. The "Ma" in me likes to try and push through. Thankfully, I was able to stay out of my way successfully. I suggested to Alex, on the advice of friend Jenna, to have him say the reading out loud in order to see that, although the reading is "languaged" through me, it's not my words, nor "of" me. I think the best way I can explain this is that the reading is "channeled" and I'm just the messenger. A grateful messenger, I might add. Doing such readings is incredibly humbling.

'course Aunt Loraine didn't refer to these readings I'm doing when she told me to "Let go. Let God." She would say this to me when she'd hear the "I wants and the it shoulds" come out of my mouth. I want this. I want that. It should go this way. It should go that way. Etc. She'd put on the proverbial brakes and say something akin to "Whoa!" Then she'd ask me just who I thought was in control here? Good Aunt Loraine. I miss her so much.

Let go. Let God. Not easy, but so worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent words of advice. I understand what you mean about keeping ego out of readings. "Ah ha" thoughts are what I capture. Wish I could have known your Aunt Loraine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for you comment, Patti! Aunt Loraine crossed over on Nov. 8, 2009 at the age of 97. Something tells me you both would have liked each other a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Below is a beautiful poem Jenny, written by Helen Steiner Rice. It speaks what you've just written and within its message the infinity symbol (to me) looms.

    The infinity symbol speaks of centering. grounding, it weaves/sews/knits back and forth....connecting two fabrics. If you were to overlay several infinity symbols, you'd see the symbol of the DNA helix a.k.a. the Flow of Life.

    Love
    ravenstar

    Untitled

    Time is not measured by the years that you live,
    but by the deeds that you do and the joy that you give.
    And each day as it comes brings a chance to each one to love to the fullest, leaving nothing undone,that would brighten the life or lighten the load of some weary traveler lost on life's road.
    So, what does it matter how long we may live,
    if as long as we live, we unselfishly give?

    Helen Steiner Rice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh golly, Ravenstar! Helen Steiner Rice was my Dad's favorite author. And he wasn't much of a reader (except for the newspaper), so this is saying A LOT! What an utterly beautiful poem. I'm going to post it today on this blog for Valentine's Day. Thank you for sharing. I love you!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete