To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Friday, March 5, 2010

"Waking Up Psychic"

I've entered my 5th year of guiding what began as a true lightbulb moment: the seed idea of a fiber arts book was planted...segueing to the writing of a spinning and natural dyeing book inspired by the works of Elizabeth Zimmermann and Meg Swansen...skipping to the publishing and eventual printing of, "Spinning Around." Schoolhouse Press has helped to take my dream to reality and I'm very grateful that they thought the project worthy to do so. The end of this journey is finally in sight and hopefully in no more than a few months, actual copies of the book will be in the hands of whoever wants them.

Over these years I've been asked, "So what will your next book be?" Usually my response to such a question is an astonished wrinkled brow, caused by my eyes widening and gaping at whoever asked this question. My mind, on such occasions, would sarcastically think, "You have GOT to be kidding."

Friend, Jenna, would look knowingly at me and say something like, "Oh ya, you're going to write another book but it won't be strictly in the fiber arts." She'd go on to say, on more than one occasion, that I'd be developing a Tarot deck and accompanying book with a spinning and dyeing theme. Hmmm..neat idea... And then there are those books with a strictly metaphysical bend that apparently are waiting for my authorship. Hmmm. Then just recently, my friend, Betty, an editor in the publishing world herself, said blending a psychic theme with a fiber arts theme would have a genuine readership "out there." Hmmm.

In the wee hours of this morning I had another lightbulb moment, somewhere in the mists between a sleeping dream and a day dream. The title of my next book...and I can hardly believe I'm even thinking about this, let alone typing it...will be, "Waking Up Psychic." For that's what has happened to me in my middle age. I woke up psychic. And something tells me this story is far from over. Just like when I wrote blog posts for "Spinning Spider Jenny," this next book already has its roots tangled up with blog posts; this time the posts making up the very blog you're reading now, "The Spiritual Spider."

Here's a question: What would YOU do if you woke up psychic? Some folks answering might say that they'd freak out. I can tell you this whole waking-up-psychic-thingy has made for some interesting moments where "freak out" might prove the best labeling. Just ask Chris. But not long after stumbling into the psychic world, I realized I had been given a blessing; a gift...or more accurately, gifts. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I plan to make the most of what has been bestowed on me; to celebrate it. What better than a writer to write about such happenings? Hmmm. Indeed...

16 comments:

  1. I just wanted to speak up as a person who would be interested in psychic/fiber arts blend deck or book. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, that would be a very cool book. I will admit that I have not touched my tarot deck in months (not since before I got pregnant... I found the hard way that pregnancy hormones affect my tarot reading skills very negatively during the first one, lol) but I would love a book like that. and a deck based on fiber arts would be pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for commenting, Kristin and Theresa. I'm glad you'd both find a deck/book with a fiber arts theme welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah. I've been pondering designing a craft-themed deck for years now (though not just fiber). You'll probably beat me to it at the rate I'm going though :P

    As for waking up psychic, beats me, I figured it out around age 11, so I'm used to it by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting, jenfullmoon! Would love to hear more about your psychic experiences...especially beginning at age 11!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of it sounds great to me. Can't help you much in the way of suddenly becoming psychic; I've always had some precognitive abilities. The concept interests me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so appreciate your comment, Robyn. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm already very intuitive. I might chalk it up to all of the magick work I've been doing lately and consider it a blessing. :) Or I might freak out--but probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Phoebe! Thanks for your comment. I just came from your blog and found a wonderful recipe for Greek potato soup that I'll be trying sooner than later. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. honestly, i only wish i could wake up psychic!! that probably sounds nuts to most people, but the truth is, almost my entire life, at least as long as i can remember, i've WANTED to be psychic!!! i realized about a year ago that i have had a very LITTLE psychic ability since i was younger. through talking to a girl who is now my best friend, and also psychic, i realized that some experiences i had from the time i was a young child, probably were not just "normal" kid phobias. i think now i've always been able to "sense" energies, and that was why certain places and situations would just terrify me beyond rationality.

    yet, still, i wish i could wake up one morning to discover that i had been bestowed with amazingly clear and prominent psychic abilities. it might take some getting used to at first, but i certainly wouldn't "freak out". but then, anything worth having is worth working hard for, so for now, i'll continue to scowl "developing your psychic abilities" books and dream ;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi misfitknits,
    Your comments are so very appreciated. How honest (and in some circles, very brave!) of you to admit you'd love to wake up psychic. That love alone will lead you further on your psychic journey, me thinks. And you may have much more ability than you realize...it just needs to be developed. Just "paying attention" to what you feel...what you sense...what you know, goes a long way towards what you wish for. That, and study. And languaging, orally and/or via writing, what you experience is so important, too. Wishing you well on this exciting journey. Please stay in touch!
    Kind regards, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to see a book/deck combo that focuses on fiber arts.

    If I were to wake up psychic, I'd probably have a few moments of freak ... until I figured out what was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much, Victoria. That's what I had...a few moments of freak...then utter rejoicing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's interesting, regarding Spinner Central on Rav. I think I have, in my own little way, an idea of how Bob Dylan felt when he went electric. Curious to watch how fear drives people to ban together, united in their opinion of a subject they're quite ignorant about. Well, so be it. All I can do is walk and talk my own truth, and that's a good feeling. Time to walk away from Rav and let them stew in their own bile.

    “Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.” ~ Madonna

    Leaving with a bang and a book...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was shopping at the Schoolhouse Press site yesterday thinking "Spinning Around"-what a great idea. And now another good idea. I'm looking forward to both.
    -Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Patricia. Glad you think so.

    ReplyDelete