To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa Mayer

Chris drove "Ms. Jenny," so that she could attend Sunday service at TNSA yesterday. A wonderful service it was! It felt good to be back in the historic temple after not being able to go there for a few weeks.

Visiting Licentiate Minister and certified medium, Louisa Roof, presided over the congregation. Louisa is affiliated with the Church of Spiritual Life, in Methuen, Massachusetts. She was lively, interesting, and an excellent psychic medium who, during the message portion of the service, was able to connect with many crossed over loved ones.

An aside...I still get all excited knowing that there are churches...Spiritualist churches, to be exact...that include psychic medium messages in each and every service. How I wish I would have known this earlier in my life!!! Aah, but then again, maybe all things must wait for their proper time...

Here's what Louisa said when she gave a message to me: Art! I feel art. Visual art. Dancing. Louisa said that I had a little group of family members present. One woman, rather grandmotherly, said that she did "white work"...crochet, doilies, etc. (I have some of these doilies displayed in my living room right now!) The woman said she was good with her hands, as I was. The woman, who by now I knew for sure was my Grandma Mary Mayer (my Ma's mom...who only saw me as a baby once or twice before she crossed over), felt more comfortable at home. Grandma said her legs were like jelly when she had to speak, as she was doing now in front of a crowd. Grandma Mayer said she was a good cook. (Thankfully she didn't proclaim what a BAD cook her granddaughter is! LOL!) Next a man made himself known. At first I thought it might be my brother, Jack, but I was told myself, as Louisa spoke, that it was my Grandpa Leopold Mayer, who I had never had the chance to meet at all because he crossed over before I was born. Symbolism in the form of a bowling ball traveling down the lane spoke of how big, new, opportunities were in the making for me right NOW. 'course I knew this had to do with me going to school soon. Grandpa began talking of "math," which quickly segued into financial concerns. He said that given what was coming up, I needed to make sure the finances all worked. He showed Louisa the pockets of his jacket, saying that I needed to "squirrel" money away.

WOW! What a treasure of a reading!!! What a wonderful visit with my grandparents!!!!! Thank you so very much, Louisa!

During the sermon portion of the service, Louisa spoke about prayer, and among other things, of Theophan The Recluse. Wikipedia tells us that:
"St. Theophan the Recluse, also known as "Theophan Zatvornik" or "Theophanes the Recluse" (Russian: Феофан Затворник), (1815–1894) is a well-known saint in the Russian Orthodox Church. He was born George Vasilievich Govorov, in the village of Chernavsk. His father was a Russian Orthodox priest. He was educated in the seminaries at Livny, Orel and Kiev. In 1841 he was ordained, became a monk, and adopted the name Theophan. He later became the Bishop of Tambov."
"He is especially well-known today through the many books he wrote concerning the spiritual life, especially on the subjects of the Christian life and the training of youth in the faith. He also played an important role in translating the Philokalia from Church Slavonic into Russian. The Philokalia is a classic of orthodox spirituality, composed of the collected works of a number of church fathers which were edited and placed in a four volume set in the 17th and 18th centuries. A persistent theme is developing an interior life of continuous prayer, learning to "pray without ceasing" as St. Paul teaches in his first letter to the Thessalonians."
Louisa ended her talk by quoting a prayer by Theophan The Recluse that I found particularly beautiful. I'll end my post with it.
Hidden Treasure
May the Lord help you to be fully alive and to preserve sobriety. But do not forget the chief thing, to unite the attention and mind with your heart, and remain there unceasingly, before the Lord. Every effort that you make in prayer, must be directed towards this. Pray to the Lord, that he may give you this blessing: it is a treasure hidden in the field, the pearl beyond price.
~ Theophan The Recluse

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jenny,

    What incredible insights your received! I enjoy reading your new adventures, especially ones like this that gives us a new appreciation for life....and a deeper understanding of the oneness we ALL share on a spiritual level.

    Love
    ravenstar :)

    ReplyDelete