To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"What Would I Create If I Could Not Fail?"

I'll begin this post with an announcement. My first book, after five years of work and 30 years of being in the fiber arts, "Spinning Around ~ Spinning, Dyeing & Knitting Elizabeth Zimmermann's Classics," Schoolhouse Press, is due out December 15th. Much of these last weeks have been difficult as we prepared the book to go to press. Finally the book has been sent off to the printers with a kiss and a prayer. If you're interested in pre-ordering, you will get free shipping if you do so prior to November 15th: Spinning Around. Thank you!

Life after the BOOK already is proving to be exciting! I've got readings to do, with more coming in regularly. On November 15th I will begin my first week at Fellowships Of The Spirit School Of Spiritual Healing And Prophecy. And if that wasn't enough, I'm already enjoying beginning to learn things I've always wanted to do, such as beaded and wire jewelry making and calligraphy. Ain't life grand?!!!!

There are two books that I've been reading of late, neither of them finished given my especially busy schedule of the last weeks. I'd like to address one of them here on this post, "Intuition and Beyond ~ A Step-by-Step Approach to Discovering Your Inner Voice," by Sharon A. Klingler.

I had the good fortune of seeing Sharon do readings at "Inspiration Stump," on the last day of the summer season at Lily Dale. To say that Sharon is an incredible psychic medium would be an understatement. Enthusiastic, amazing, knowledgeable, clear, confident, and caring would all describe her well.

In Sharon's book was a question that caught my attention: "What would I create if I could not fail?" My first gut response was, "I would draw and paint." When I relayed this to my husband, Chris, he totally understood my answer. You see, I met my husband in college back in the '70s, got married in 1980, and finished my art education degree in the early '80s. Newly married with a young son to care for did not allow for much personal, creative time...at least not the type that I was used to. My medium was watercolor back then and my "young-mother's-schedule," did not give me the long stretches of uninterrupted time that I required to draw and paint. Plus, let it be known that I always felt inadequate as a painter, with the thought somewhere deep down that I needed more schooling and just wasn't "good enough" as is. It was then that my path forked and I found myself knitting again, having learned the basics as a child. Here was something I could pick up and put down. Here was something I could teach myself to get better at. Knitting led to spinning. Spinning led to dyeing. Knitting, spinning, and dyeing led to teaching and eventually led to the book...my book...that I'm waiting to hold in my very own hands.

So back to the question that is the title of this post. Chris asked me recently, "Would you like to go back to school for painting?" "NO," I adamantly proclaimed. Funny about that. I'm happy about where I WILL be going to school soon. I figure if painting and drawing enter my life at some point in the future, it will be because I know I can't fail at them and that I've got nothing to prove to anyone, including myself. Who knows...my lifelong interest in calligraphy may lead to me illustrating what I write. Time will tell. There's a place...deep down in me, probably not far from or perhaps even the flip-side of the other deep down place where long ago I felt I needed more schooling to really paint...that wouldn't be surprised at all if suddenly I whipped out the paints and, with utter ease and confidence, began creating.

What would YOU create if you knew YOU could not fail?

4 comments:

  1. I'd probably build a few schools and shelters for battered women and children, maybe another for animals, and get a Ph. D in social work. I suppose, I still could do these things, but fear of failure really does get in the way more often than I'd like to admit. It's unfortunate when something like that, something one may even go so far as to call, "silly," but understandable, gets in the way of our being the people we want to be, and accomplishing the things we want and need to for the development of our soul(s). Maybe one day it'll be different. I sure hope so anyway, the world would be a far happier place. Blessed be. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elaine, for your heartfelt and honest comment. Boy, those two "f's"...fear and failure are a difficult combo that no doubt we've all battled at one point or another in our lives. Life without those two f's would be "far happier," as you said.
    xoxox,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your book Jenny!!
    I wish I could get free shipping. Will your book be available thru Amazon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jody! Have you checked over at Schoolhouse Press regarding the shipping? I'm wondering if the free shipping extends to the continent. Worth a try!

    Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it'll be offered on Amazon, too.

    Thank YOU for all your kindness and support. I'll never forget that you allowed me to feature you and your lovely spinning on Spinning Spider Jenny. Much appreciated!

    Much love,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete