To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Joyful Work

Prior to meditation I often pick up one of the inspirational/prayer books that I keep by my altar. Today I picked up "The Gift ~ Poems By Hafiz...The Great Sufi Master," Translations by Daniel Ladinsky. The poem I randomly went to made me smile and laugh out loud at the truth of it.

A Hard Decree

Last

Night

God
Posted
On the Tavern wall

A hard decree for all of love's inmates

Which read:

If your heart cannot find a joyful work

The jaws of this world
Will probably

Grab hold of your

Sweet
Ass.

~ Hafiz

The poem got me thinking. How many times in my life was I truly involved in "joyful work?" How many times did I feel trapped in a dreadful job? The difference between the two is astoundingly huge. One can make no mistake if you're in the midst of one or the other. You either love what you're doing or you don't...two opposite ends of the spectrum.

'course there's that ambivalent, emotion-numbing kind of situation when you can tolerate the work...just...because it pays the bills and/or is temporary and hopefully leading to a better scenario in the future. The 'glad-you-have-a-job-right-now-kind-of-work.' That's somewhat tolerable for a wee minute...but...I for one, never do too well in this type of work, at least not for long. Often this work has me get up in a fog, pray that the day goes by fast, and come home in a fog...ultimately leading to utter unhappiness. There was one such job I was in where the only way I survived it was by dividing my work day into quarters. I used to pat myself on the back when I got through the first quarter of the day...saying to myself, "Way to go. You got through the first one...now let's tackle the second quarter of the day..." The surprising thing is, I've met A LOT of people in my life who are in such jobs for large portions, if not all, of their lives. And they've resigned themselves that this is what they have to do. Believe me, I'm not criticizing them...I'm just amazed that they can do it. No thanks. When I've been in such a job, I EXPECT it to be temporary. I'm always looking over the horizon to create something better.

What I don't understand, however, are folks who are in high paying jobs but despise what they're doing, staying only for their many-digit-paycheck. Speaking only for myself, NO amount of money is worth being in a job of that sort. I love life waayyyy too much for that. I love myself too much for that.

I TREASURE each moment I'm alive. I don't want to spend it in default-mode. I choose to spend it in 'create' mode. I choose how I want to spend my day. And if I don't like the path I'm currently on, I take a different one...and keep searching until I find joyful work.

"The greatest gift that you could ever give to another, is your own happiness, for when you are in a state of joy, happiness, or appreciation, you are fully connected to the Stream of pure, positive, Source Energy that is truly who you are. And when you are in that state of connection, anything or anyone that you are holding as your object of attention benefits from your attention." ~ Hicks - Abraham; "Ask and It is Given - Learning to Manifest Your Desires."

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully expressed...beautifully written. Great Abraham/Hicks quotes, too! Thanks, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete