To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Flying Dreams

Have you ever had a dream where you, yourself, flew? I've been thinking of some of these 'flying dreams' that I've had in my lifetime.

There's one such dream that occurred more than once when I was a child of 4 or 5, that I still VIVIDLY remember to this day. My family was living in Maryland at the time. I dreamed that I was flying on my back, low to the ground, with my head pointing towards where I was going, and using my flapping arms and legs to guide me where I wanted to go. The dream was SO REAL. The dream was 'lucid,' where I've had obviously excellent recall, being still vivid after all these years.

I poked around on Google to find out more about flying dreams and here's an interesting site I came upon: Dreams of Flying
Check out what "Mystical Blaze" ( Mystical Blaze is an interesting mother-daughter team) said about the type of flying dream I had that I had described above:

"Flying or Floating at Low Altitudes: Floating just above the ground by flapping your hands or arms or peddling your feet is an indication that you have lots of determination and that no matter how hard it gets, you feel you will succeed if you stay on course. This dream is an indication that relief from any setbacks is imminent."

In meditation I have also experienced flying dreams of various types, mostly of the 'free flying' variety (a la Peter Pan), where I travel to or above the clouds, to other planets, and sometimes to other galaxies. Mystical Blaze called these 'free flying' dreams:

"Flying Free: Freely flying as high or as low as you wish using your arms or feet for direction, often with the ability to do acrobatics in the air is an indication that you feel really good about something in your life. You are likely very proud of an achievement at work or at home, and life is good."

Now I'm not sure how Mystical Blaze has learned that these flying dreams are about the situations they've described. After all, just because one finds something on the internet, does not mean it's true. That said, contemplating the meaning of such flying dreams is fascinating. For me, what's tended to work is to go with what I, myself, felt/intuited the dream was about. By keeping a dream journal, which I've done for some time now, I've been able to see patterns in my dreams, helping me to figure out my own language to interpret my personal dreams. 'course there are also those who have been trained in dream work. Once such person who comes to mind is my friend, Patti Frankel. Among many other qualifications, Patti is a graduate of The Haden Institute Dream Leader program..."an intensive 2-year, multi-faceted professional certificate program for dream work and spiritual direction."

Here's a YouTube video of the tune, "Flying Dreams," by Jerry Goldsmith. It comes from the animated movie, "The Secret of Nimh." Yes, this is a children's film...perhaps even a favorite of some...but no matter what, the words in the tune are worth listening to whatever your age.




2 comments:

  1. Jenny, I dearly LOVE flying dreams! Haven't had one in a while, but I certainly did when I was young! I remember tidbits of those dreams even now and have always intuited that they were more than 'just a dream'!

    Thanks for your most interesting Blog entries! I so enjoy reading them!

    Your Friend in Flight,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU, Heather for not only reading my tappings, but for taking the time to comment! Much appreciated!
    xoxo,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete