To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Breathe

If someone had mentioned back when I was a kid, or a teen, or even during much of my adulthood, that I'd be interested in learning how to properly breathe, I would have thought they were pulling my leg. However, learning to breathe is exactly what one of my interests are these days.

For much of last year, whenever I had a session at school (FOTS), a small group of my classmates and I would go early (6:30 am) to class for a wonderful yoga session, led by Rev. Don Scott. For a bit about Rev. Don, scroll to his name on this page. So much has been positively life changing over this last year, and my introduction to yoga via Rev. Don is right up there at the top of the list. I would always leave FOTS after each school session determined to fit yoga into my life at home and for months I wasn't exactly successful at doing so. Well, I can finally say that yoga practice is now firmly ensconced into my daily ritual. Presently, I'm using DVDs to help with my yoga sessions, but down the line I'd like to go to local classes and study under a teacher, when finances permit. DVDs are particularly nice, however, in that you can use them at whatever time is most convenient for you...something not always the case with a live-person class.

Some of the really beneficial exercises that Rev. Don includes in his yoga sessions have to do with breathing. On the first day back of each school session, I would have a hard time holding my breath and even attempting what was suggested. If we were at school for a weekend tho', by the last day such breathing exercises were most definitely easier. This rightfully led me to believe that if I practiced breathing, I would get better at the exercises. And the benefits of such exercises include a calm, focused energy that's almost hard to describe unless you've felt it before.

I went a'searching on Amazon for breathing DVDs. I found only one where its primary goal was to teach correct breathing. What a wonderful DVD it is: "Max Strom - Learn To Breath." I had never heard of this Yoga Master who I have already come to respect. The breathing exercises are fabulous and do-able. Each day I practice, I get better and better at doing the techniques. I've now settled in to first working through Max's practice session (which takes less than 1/2 hour) and then moving on to one of my other yoga DVDs. Beginning with the breathing and moving on to yoga positions/stretching is a combo that works really well together. Eventually, when finances permit, I want to get Max's yoga 2-DVD set, "Max Strom Yoga - Strength, Grace, Healing," because I'm sure it's equally as good as his breathing DVD. He's also recently published a book that's getting great reviews entitled, "A Life Worth Breathing - A Yoga Master's Handbook of Strength, Grace, and Healing."

Now when I go back to school in September, perhaps I won't be struggling as much with Rev. Don's excellent breathing exercises. Here's hoping we can nudge Rev. Don into getting a breathing/yoga DVD collection ready and available for his groupies and to-be-groupies to purchase!

My friend and teacher, ravenstar, wrote a wonderful past post on breathing: . Please do check it out!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    I still can't get over how far you've come in this last year. You're just beaming every which way. I do remember when meditation was a bit tricky for you.....but you persisted something I truly admire and love about you. Your arrow is always straight and true.

    Found a Rumi quote for you:
    "There is one way of breathing
    that is shameful and constricted.
    Then there's another way:
    a breath of love that takes you all
    the way to infinity". ~RUMI~

    Love you,
    Janice xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janice,
    Such encouraging and loving words from my friend and teacher...YOU!...mean THE WORLD TO ME. Thank you. The Rumi quote is so beautiful it brings tears to the eyes. I am going to need to share it on FB. Thank you with all my heart.
    Love always,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete