To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Precious Life

When I was a little girl...5 year's old to be exact...I remember waiting on the front porch of my girlfriend Terry's house after knocking, hoping she was home and able to play with me. As I stood there in the summer sun, a housefly hovered near my foot. I specifically remember raising my foot, wondering what would happen if I stomped on it. Quick as a wink, I did so. I'll never forget the intensely sad feeling I experienced deep in the pit of my stomach as I looked at that squashed fly, oozing its insides, literally seeing red blood, the life squashed out of it by ME. In that moment I realized I had taken a life. You may say, "Well, it's only a fly." But all these years later I've not forgotten this incident and it serves to remind me that ALL life is precious.

Chris and the kids can assure you that I never allow them to kill spiders in our house. We could take them outside or allow them to roam free in my dye studio (if it was winter), but never kill them on purpose. Even our cat, Chloe, knows not to go after them. I would always tell the kids that spiders help us by eating other bugs that we may not want indoors, and that by leaving them be they'll leave us alone, and the circle of life goes on in a natural way. And when I do accidentally end the life of a spider...perhaps by too quick of a wipe of a cloth without seeing it...I tell it I'm sorry. Because I am sorry.

Road kill, too, upsets me. Yes, it's an accident that animals get killed in this way...no sane person sets out to wipe out animals on the road...but at least we can acknowledge the spirits of these animals and send them our respect. A funny aside in all this is how I have found myself thinking I was surrounding road kill with Love and Light, envisioning them embraced by God...only to look closer and find I was praying for a blown out tire. Such is life with less than 20/20 vision.

Now I'm no saint, and don't profess to be holier than thou. And I certainly don't mean to be standing high on a soapbox preaching to anyone. But I do think if people were taught as kids to respect ALL life when they are young, there wouldn't be a need for wars and senseless killing. Needless to say I abhor video games, TV shows, and movies that depict violence. They only serve to numb the public about the beauty of life and living. Hasn't anyone ever wondered what goes on in the mind of the folks who develop such 'entertainment?' If there is a moral to this post, perhaps it is to think before you act. Who are we to decide what is to live and what is to die? Who/What gave us that right?

"The most important human endeavor is the striving for morality in our actions. Our inner balance and even our very existence depend on it. Only morality in our actions can give beauty and dignity to life." ~ Albert Einstein

4 comments:

  1. Last week I hit a opossum, and was very upset when I got home. I tried to miss it, but it turned and went back from where he came and I had swerved to miss him - and, you know what happened. Knowing how upset I was for killing the opossum, my husband went and moved it from the road so I wouldn't have to see it when I drove that street, again. I didn't know he had done it until my daughter-in-law told me later in the day. That is love in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry, Patti, that you've experienced this difficult situation. What your husband did is truly beautiful. Yes, it's love in my book, too. Hugs! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My feelings exactly. Violence makes me physically ill. It always has. I say a prayer for every poor little roadkill creature, that it be in heaven now. I have always felt, and told others, that I have no right to take the life of any creature and that this world belongs to them as much as it does to me. I wish everyone felt this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said, Linda. I'm right there with you. Hugs! Much love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete