To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Changing One's Mind

Throughout our lives we make MANY decisions and are faced with MANY choices. There are times when there are possibilities before us and we must choose, or perhaps we simply feel inclined to choose. Sometimes we're standing at a fork in the road and in order to stay on a path, we trot off one way or the other. There are times we venture off the beat and track, where it appears that no path has yet been made and, then, it is us who are the pioneers...well, at least as far as we know we're pioneers...  In any case, these decisions we make definitely affect our lives, hopefully for the good, but now and then it feels the opposite is true. And often it's not just our own lives that are affected by our choices. Sometimes the harvest or repercussions of our choices are immediate, though often their full effect doesn't show up 'til down the line. Either way, the decisions we make are felt, at some point or another, in our lives and in that of others.

When I ponder how MANY decisions I've made in my lifetime, it boggles my mind. If one is a fearful person, the thought of how often a decision made could go wrong may certainly stop that person dead in their tracks from making any decisions at all. But if no choices are made and if decisions are not reached time and time again, chances are life isn't lived fully and would get very stale, very fast. And let's face it, making no decision IS a decision in and of itself, sometimes at the expense of giving your own power away.

On thinking about career choices I've made... No, let's back up and consider the major I picked once I got to university... In the 1970's I was standing in the office of the Dean of Students, ready to sign up for a curriculum that would lead to the 'stable' job of dental hygienist. This wise Dean of a man asked me if I liked working with patients as a dental assistant? I had shown him my transcripts boasting a certificate in dental assisting from a community college. Why, no! I hated staring in people's mouths, dealing with their oft' mucky teeth. Decision made. How could I have even conceived of doing more of this type of work for a living? Well, because I knew I'd be able to have a respectable income with such a job. I knew I'd be safe. Never mind that I would have been miserable and safe.  I instead chose art to study at university. My Dad shook his head in dismay. He asked, "How can one make a living in art?" So I tacked on the education component for a K-12 teaching certification. This served me well in rather unorthodox ways since I spent a big chunk of my life teaching and writing about fiber arts, and other parts of my life substitute teaching in various school systems. On looking back...good decision!

Speaking of jobs, there have been times when I've had to stay in a position I disliked for at least awhile because to leave would leave bills unpaid and people in my family hungry and/or without shelter. Good choice to stick it out, given the alternative. But when in such situations, I always choose to be pro-active and trust I'll find something better, preferably something that makes my soul sing...or at least hum a nice tune. Staying in icky situations for too long, jobs and otherwise, is never something that's good for me...physically, mentally, and emotionally. And let's face it, when I'm miserable those around me aren't having the best of times either.

We all have the right to change one's mind, or at least I'd like to think so. If something is not quite right, then hopefully the way is clear to change it in some way, shape, or form...if not right away, then asap. The LAST thing I would want to be saddled with is a choice that doesn't work for me anymore.

Here's a recent decision that I've made which actually surprised me. I have been interested in Past Life Regression Therapy and Life Between Lives Regression Therapy for some time now; years, actually. I even did a paper for school (Fellowships Of The Spirit - FOTS) on these two types of therapy. I researched the topics, fully expecting to be smitten with them both, wanting to go forward towards becoming a therapist myself. About 3/4 through working on the paper, it became crystal clear that this was not the path for me. I KNEW I didn't want to sit in an office for several hours (often 3 - 4 hours) with just one client at a time. At least not now. No one could have been more surprised than me by this revelation. And the amazing thing is, what I realized that I really needed to be doing in addition to facilitating Psychic Mediumship and Tarot readings...which, btw, I LOVE to do...was to get serious about doing the necessary study towards becoming an Astrologer. And so, even before school ends this coming June, I have started daily reading and studying towards this goal.

Was Chris surprised over my change of mind? No, he just smiled. It is nice to be with someone who doesn't mind when I change my mind.

"If you never change your mind, why have one?"
~ Edward de Bono (Maltese Psychologist and Writer, Leading Authority in Field of Creative Thinking) 

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful column, Jenny! Our best decisions are made when our heart/mind is balanced. The beauty of this journey is the excitement we feel when we are expanding our knowledge. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd get hooked! :))

    Love
    ravenstar xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ravenstar, I KNEW you KNEW I'd get hooked! LOL! xoxoxoxo

      Delete