To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Finishing

When I'm feeling down and find that I'm scolding my own self for procrastinating, or being slow, or being simply scattered, it's important to remind myself that in my life I've finished plenty of things. Just from a school standpoint, I got through Catholic grade school, graduated from a Catholic high school, and have been proud of my hard-earned art education degree from a Catholic university. Tucked in those years was even an awarded certificate in dental assisting, no less. During my formal education, plenty of papers and projects were completed, and lots of tests were tackled, sometimes all on the same day! 

Job-wise, I've tasted quite a few different jobs; beginning them and ultimately finishing with them either because we moved or by honestly allowing myself to acknowledge that the job wasn't something I wanted to do for any long period of time. There were the occasions that I realized this after one day of working at a place, so in those cases the finishing came on the same day I started. So be it. I somehow always knew that I was not going to be someone who would work at the same place for 30+ years or more, not that I didn't admire folks who did. No need to beat myself up about it. I just need to accept that this has been so.

Personal projects that were finished may have been spun, knitted, and dyed, for the fiber arts have played a big part in my adult years. Or back in my university days they may have been in the form of a completed drawing or painting. For many years some personal projects were in the form of writing, just as they often are presently, be it an article for a magazine, a chapter in another author's or editor's book...even unto completing my own book more than a year ago.

As a kid it was drilled into me not to get too big of a head over anything I accomplished. In fact, I distinctly got the feeling that much of what I did was 'no big deal' at all to those that mattered most to me. (Even worse was to literally hear the sarcastic remark, "Big deal." Such an awful, degrading thing to say to someone.) Sadly, I think this can have a tendency to unfortunately result in a person never being proud of anything that is finished; never being satisfied with themselves. They never get the feeling that they're ever good enough. But thankfully for the most part I realized early on that it's not egotistical at all to pat your own back that you are capable and excellent at finishing things. It's lovely to celebrate a job well done even if those around you don't join in your enthusiasm. I'm still working at doing this healthily but perhaps I will always have to guard against others bringing me down. A wonderful, recent quote I came upon is:  

"Don't let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours." 
~ Author Unknown. 
     
 I sometimes tease that as a Sagittarius Sun with Aquarius Rising, it's a darn good thing I have a Capricorn Moon or I may not have ever finished anything at all. Without that grounded Moon, I may have been content with shooting my esoteric arrows every which way, never worrying about where they fell and certainly not being concerned with carrying through anything at all, nor caring about any lessons learned. But I have found profound growth CAN be gained by finishing what has been started, and conversely by at least acknowledging that some things are better off not finished at all!

Speaking of finishing, I can now see the finish line towards full ordination, full metaphysical certification, and graduation at FOTS. One of my required essays has already been presented and handed in the last time I was at school. My required service project and the project's accompanying paper have recently been completed, as well as a final essay on prayer beads...both of which will be presented when I go to school in February. All of my readings required for graduation were done quite awhile ago (I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE facilitating readings). All that's left are 10 healings to facilitate, meaning that 60 are already completed for the year. If you're reading this post and would like to receive one of these distance healings for no charge, e-mail me at spinningjenny57@hotmail.com. Once I have facilitated all that I need for school, I'll note it here on this post. Thank you, for helping me to finish!!! Much appreciated!

Note: All of my distance healing homework for school is now completed. Thanks so much for your help. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I feel the same way. I tend to go in a lot of directions so I often feel like I haven't gotten as much done in any one direction as I'd like. Call it ADD or whatever other name we feel we need to put to it, it's both a blessing and a challenge.

    One of my favorite things I've ever made (a spindle spun knitted lace shawl) I created just to prove to myself that I could finish large challenging projects. I think I'm attracted to the arts in general because they allow me to experience the fruit of my accomplishments using many different senses - culinary, tactile, visual, etc.

    I'm so excited for you and for graduation and ordination! It's been inspiring to be keeping tabs on you the past few years. I can't wait to see what you do next. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Molly,
      Thank you ever so much for your kind words and encouragement. I appreciate you taking the time to post a comment. I, too, love the arts for the same reasons you do...very fulfilling on so many levels. xoxo, Jenny

      Delete