To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Here Comes The Sun

Imbolc, also known as St. Brigid's Day: A Celtic celebration of the 'hearth and home,' said to mark the beginning of spring, that promises lengthening days and therefore, eventually more Light than darkness (after the Vernal Equinox). Not that darkness is bad, especially if one looks at darkness as a time to rest and regain energy.  But nature has a way of balancing all things out, and now it's the Light's turn to pick up momentum. Nice.

Most calenders I've seen mark the beginning of spring to officially begin at the March or Vernal Equinox. But I like it, if only for psychological reasons, that the Celts felt it began earlier. This somehow makes it easier for me to get through the last of winter. So perhaps Imbolc can best be seen as a 'promise' of spring...but no matter what, it makes me happy. 

When I was younger, winter didn't bother me so much. Now, however, the cold literally causes me to hunch over, as if I'm protecting my innards. I find my sensitive spinal cord area becomes extremely uncomfortable when the temperature dips low. Not good. Chris has never been much of a cold weather person, but good man that he is, knew that for years my interest was working with sheep's wool and that cold weather was just the thing to inspire that creative work. Not that I've given up being a spinner or anything, I just don't feel the need to live anymore in areas that subject us to weather that's not the best for our bodies. So chances are, our next move down the line will be to where there's an abundance of warm weather filled with Light, with perhaps a milder, or at least shorter, winter than what we've been used to.

Beautiful composition by the incomparable, mystic/prophet of the 12th century, Blessed Hildegard von Bingen. Enjoy!  



       

4 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS, Jenny! I love Hildegard von Bingen. Beautiful music from a beautiful soul. Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much agree, Nancy! I stumbled across this youtube video when I was looking for something nice to put up for Imbolc. The music is intoxicating. Good Hildegard. Good Nancy. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Yes it's true that spring is coming! I live in a tropical country and we have a huge mango tree in the backyard. It's starting to yield a lot of fruit - green ones but eventually it will turn mango. :)

    Rob Swifty
    Online Tarot Readings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog and commenting, Rob!

      Delete