To schedule a Psychic Mediumship or Tarot reading via phone or Skype, please scroll down the right sidebar of this weblog and look for the red text. Additionally, Rev. Jeannine is scheduling private Reading Gatherings, Private Home Group Readings, and Housecalls, where she will travel to your home to facilitate readings for you and your guests. Please see Reading Testimonials to see if Rev. Jeannine is the right Psychic Medium for you. To see reviews of Rev. Jeannine's readings on Best Psychic Directory, please see Reading Reviews.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ma's Wisdom

An e-mail in my inbox this morning got me thinking about my Ma. The e-mail was the daily offering of Esther Hicks, who channels the oh-so-wise entities 'Abraham'.

Here's today's post:
"Other's Opinion Are Less Important Than My Personal Guidance System... You did not intend to use the opinions of your parents to measure against your beliefs, desires, or actions in order to determine the appropriateness of them. Instead, you knew (and still remembered, long after you were born) that it was the relationship between the opinion (or knowledge) of the Source within you and your current thoughts, in any moment, that would offer you perfect guidance in the form of emotions. You did not intend to replace your Emotional Guidance System with the opinions of your parents even if they were in harmony with their Emotional Guidance System in the moment of their trying to guide you. It was much more important to you to recognize the existence of your own Guidance System, and to utilize it, than to be deemed correct by, or to find approval from, others."
~ Abraham 

When I was little I used to think my Ma's word was the absolute, God-given, not-to-be-disputed truth. Now I'm pretty sure a lot of little girls felt the same way about what their own mother said. Or not. But in any case, I surely did think that Ma had an inside track on what was best for all. 

By age 13 or so, I began to think that maybe Ma didn't know as much as I had once thought. LOL! Enter the turbulent years where not only did I buck up against her word, my facial expressions and body language most definitely showed just what I thought of EVERYTHING she thought or said.

In my mid-twenties, things settled down a bit between Ma and I. It's not that I always thought she was right. Far from it. However, I was able to at least allow her finish her sentences before I formed an opinion. 

As we both aged we got along much better once again. I know that it helped that I lived in a different state than her. Again, LOL! I called her everyday, not because I had to, but because I wanted to. Somewhere between then and when Alzheimer's got its grip on her I remember Ma honestly saying, "You know, I don't know everything." I responded equally honestly, "When I was little I thought you did." She said that only God knew everything. I've never forgotten this pearl of Ma's wisdom. 

And now I understand that the best source of this incredible knowledge from Source...that which is for my highest and best good...is available within me, should I wish to listen to it. Should I wish to act on it. What could be better than one's personal GPS?!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment